Gamecube RGB modification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gamecube RGB modification

does this have to be done to an offical cable or can you mod third party ones to output RGB on a NTSC machine?

also anyone know any sites as to where i can find out how to do this with pictures as i wouldnt mind giving it ago myself.

You need to modify either an official high definition cable, or official component cable.

Comment

cheers man, if i get the offical RGB scart cable is there any where you know that does the modification or any sites that show me how to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by gossi the dog
        You need to modify either an official high definition cable, or official component cable.
        Is that HD cable just the same as a standard Component cable?

Comment

No. The high def cable plugs directly into a single high definition port on your telly. The component cables plug into the componet ports on your telly and there are three of them. I believe that high definition cables can carry a better picture than component cables but with the GC there is little difference in quality (both will give you prog scan).

Comment

I didn't actually know about this cable... so it's essentially a DVI? (or HDMI, same difference).

I assume I can use this cable on my PAL machine, with Qoob installed forced into 480p?

(Apologies for hi-jacking the thread =/ ).
            Last edited by sj33; 04-08-2005, 18:47.

Comment

The D-terminal cable is componet, but in a single plug. A bit like we have RGBs in a single plug (scart).
              It is still component though, and the better cable for doing the mod.

Comment

The d-terminal connector is common in Japan.
                The best guide for the conversion was at www.rgbcube.co.uk but that seems to be down or has gone completely. Try here. http://atarilabs.com/cgi-bin/UltraBo...11&TID=942&SID=

Comment

I've put it up here along with pin out details here. Thanks to funky327 of megadriver.org for having them around.

Comment

Working...
                  X