Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woo! Can anyone help me with my Xbox live dream?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woo! Can anyone help me with my Xbox live dream?

Hello everyone, this is my first post on the forum.

I've just been playing Wolfenstein on live (very nice 8) ) and wanted to get my flatmates Xbox up and running through the same internet connection so others can play too!

I've got a hub here and cables, but I wanna know if it's worthwhile his getting another xbox live kit (and copy of the game) - basically will both xboxes plugged into a hub (which is plugged into my computer - I've got a USB modem) work ok sharing the connection, or is it going to be twice as laggy as normal.

Or will it possibly not work at all?

Is there any way of hosting online games with our systems linked? For example Halo using that Xbox connect program. If you host a game does that mean no lag?

Help with any or all of these questions will be much appreciated, and possibly save us 80 pounds!

Cheers

My mate comes round every week and we use our seperate xb's to play on live at the same time. The only way you can do it to my knowledge is to use a ADSL Router like a D Link DSL 504. As the router gives each xb, pc etc connected to it its own ip address basically. If you use a hub you'll just get a ip conflict when you try to connect more than one machine.

Me and my mate have played Ghost Recon, Wolfenstein, Moto 1 and 2 over XBL at the same time and have rarely experienced any extra lag

Comment

Ahhh, that's interesting, thankyou.

I was gonna get a router but didn't have the money when I was getting Xbox live sorted out, but now might be the time to invest.

It'd also mean my flatmate could use my broadband with his PC and my computer wouldn't have to be on.

Is this the one to go for then?

And are DSL Source a reputable company?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

That's the puppy! That's the one I have and it's never given me any trouble. Very easy to setup too. Plug and play is the name of the game.

DSL Source is great. I bought mine from them and they delivered very quickly.

2 very enthusiastic thumbs up from me on both questions.

Comment

Lovely, thanks for your help. 8)

Comment

Working...
          X