Is it possible......?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible......?

.....to mod a PAL, already chipped PS1 console to run in 50/60HZ mode? Modding my Saturn has made me think about it. I can't remember it ever being mentioned, so presumed it cannae be done.

It's dependant on the software when it comes to the PS1, it will boot NTSC games at the correct speed (apart from certain Bemani titles), but PAL games will only boot in 50hz (not sure if there's a boot disc which forces 60hz)

Comment

I wish there was. I soooo wish there was. I need that 60hz.

Comment

If you're desperate, you may get some success by using a pal/ntsc patcher tool to patch your PAL games to run in NTSC. It won't work on all games though.

Comment

There is a boot disc that exists that can run PAL games at 60hz, NTSC at 50hz etc - unfortunately I can't remember the name of it at all, might have been some homebrew jobby (found an iso somewhere a long time ago). Downside is that you still need a modchip to use it, and with the PAL games I tried the image was streched a bit too much when running at 60hz.

Comment

It can't be done. The only thing you can do with a PAL PSOne is make it output NTSC games in PAL 60, but in this day this is rather pointless.

Most PAL games sell for considerably more than their US equivalents so it might be worth selling the PAL games for US ones.

Comment

Working...
            X