Yet another Bit Torrent question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another Bit Torrent question

Im using Bit Torrent at the moment to aquire something. The something has 25 'sections',downloading from the one Torrent,and within my desktop folder are 25 different .avi files.
    Is it possible to watch the first section while the download is still going on? The icon for section one says 346mb,where as later ones say 0. Or is there some reason why you have to wait for it all to finish,as its not playing ball.

TIA

(hope this is ok mods)

It generally doesn't build the files in order, so it may not be complete even if the file size seems to be correct.

Comment

I thought that could be the case. Thanks Adam.

Comment

Season 1 of Lost Nick ?

Comment

Might be. Who wants to know?

(yes)

Comment

Some clients dump the whole image on the drive from the outset, despite not having downloaded the full image, so its not possible to do what you are after. Its a shame as when using things like Kazaa, I could test something before finishing downloading it with a tool like AVIPreview.

Comment

The first two episodes say 349.9mb,the third says 180 odd and steadily climbing.

Does this sound right though that when i watch the first episode it gets to about 22 seconds in and dies?

Seems like the first two are complete no?

Comment

Yep, unfortunately with BT I find all you can do is wait for the download to finish fully.

Comment

Balls.

Comment

If you're using a decent BT client like Azureus then you can set certain files to high priority so they'll finish faster at the expense of the others. Good to preview the quality etc.

Comment

true, but in this case, all 25 files are contained in one folder so it's of no use

Comment

Working...
                      X