XBox Magic Box Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XBox Magic Box Problem

Do I have a faulty Magic Box? I just received mine from Play Asia today, hoping to get it to work with my Hori Fighting Stick 2.

Unfortunately, it's not reading my FS2 at all! Also, when I have it plugged in, and i boot up my dash (Avalaunch), it says something about a EEPROM error, and my XBox hangs. I have tried it with my Dual Shock 2 controller, and it works fine, but for some reason, my analog select button doesn't seem to work as it should, and has an odd effect when I push it - it seems to act like the 'Back Button'!

Can someone with a Magic Box confirm if this is normal behaviour for the adaptor. Also, does anyone use the Hori Fighting Stick 2 with a Magic Box, and if so, does it work like the RAP or SC2 sticks?

If my Magic Box is indeed faulty, how good are Play Asia in dealing with faulty goods? This was my first order with them!

I've used it with both the RAP and the SC2 Hori sticks with no problems at all, sounds like it might be a faulty Magic Box.

Comment

Try again, I know PS2 dual shock and Soul Calibur 2 stick work fine with it.

If it doesn't work try it on other xbox and see if it work or not. EEPROM error - is this xbox problem ? Is your XBOX ok ?
      Last edited by Salsa Party Animal; 16-08-2005, 06:56.

Comment

I use Hori Fighting Stick 2 and a Magic Box and I don't have problems with. Except the fact that when I plug it, it presses Start button automatically. And when I connect to the xbox live with the device plugged, a message appeared tell me that I must reconnect the controller. The message disappeared a second later.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMarc
          I use Hori Fighting Stick 2 and a Magic Box and I don't have problems with. Except the fact that when I plug it, it presses Start button automatically. And when I connect to the xbox live with the device plugged, a message appeared tell me that I must reconnect the controller. The message disappeared a second later.
          Oh, so the Fighting Stick 2 works with the Magic Box then? Do you have to do anything special to get it to work, like hold down a button or something? Or is it just plug and play?

Sounds like I might have a faulty Magic Box. Do Play Asia do returns?

Comment

Working...
          X