GameCube Mod Chip - Some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GameCube Mod Chip - Some questions

OK everyone, I've decided it's time to finally get the beast modified now that it's possible. Boot discs were fun for awhile but they annoy the crap out of me, so can someone answer these questions for me?

1. How much is the Qoob chip? Where do I get it?

2. How much is the GameBit to open the Cube up with?

3. Is the Cube easy to put back together? The Dreamcast was a cinch for me because it's all layered, is the Cube the same?

4. I did a 4-wire mod install to my LE Dreamcast with no troubles. How many wires is this, 6 I think? Is there any especially tricky soldering?

Thanks

1. Dunno. PM Yod@?
    2. About ?4
    3. Yup
    4. No soldering issue at all; it's a piece of piss.

I assume you're doing an NTSC/U or PAL machine. Japanese games still **** up the saves.

Comment

1. http://www.mrmodchips.com is an official retailer I think. ?23.95 for the Qoob SX, ?33.95 for the Qoob Pro.
      In terms of the important features (import, homebrew, bios flashing, force NTSC/480p), both mods are identical. The Pro just adds stuff like custom skins, AR cheats etc. I have an SX, FYI.

2. About 2 quid, probably on that same page.

3. Can't say, mine was a premod I bought at a market stall!

4. I believe the Qoob is 6. Installation guides at http://www.qoobmod.com/

Comment

Yep mine is a good old Yanky machine. I'll poke around the web and see what prices I can get.

Comment

where and how much would a ready modchipp gamecube cost me?

Comment

I believe www.gamefreax.de sell premods, if you can navigate their Engrish.

Comment

Can anyone tell me what I should use to secure the chip in its position? Would wrapping it in an anti-static bag and using double-sided tape do the trick?

Comment

Working...
              X