xbox cutscene problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xbox cutscene problem

I'm having a problem with some games on my xbox at the moment, for example in ninja gaiden whenever a cutscene plays the xbox usually crashes or in shenmue 2 the audio runs ahead of the video.the discs are completely clean and I have checked them on other xboxes and they work fine, has anyone else had a problem like this or have any idea how it might be fixed?

funny you mention ninja gaiden freezing on the cutscene's,'cause very recently i've encountered the same problem.The cutscene will pause for a second and you can hear the lens moving inside the xbox,then it will resume normally.Thing is i've had this problem before as this is now my 2nd xbox.

It could be a number of things.

1)Could be that your lens is dirty.Or in my case,because my lens is at the front of the machine,it's visible when you open the dvd drive,and i could see a tiny bit of dust sitting above it.I carefully removed it without touching the lens and my xbox is now working fine.

2)Your lens could be out of alignment.Sometimes the lens can pop out of place,and this prevents it from reading the disc properly.Even if it's slightly out of place,it will cause problems.But this problem is fairly rare.

3)The most common problem is that your dvd drive is just knackered.Depending on what dvd drive you have in your xbox,either a thompson,samsung or a phillip's.After a certain amount of time the thompson drives just start to give up.You can get the drive's replaced,or purchase them off ebay(i got a samsung drive)

See the thompson's are the most common drive's and the most unreliable.The Phillip's are fairly rare and more sturdy.The samsung's are the most reliable but are the hardest to come across.

There was a picture on the web that compared all three so that you could figure out which one you had.I'll try and dig it up.

Hope this helps slightly,as i know how much of pain an ill xbox can be

Comment

I've had the same probs with cutscenes on a number of games... i just chalked it up to my Xbox being pretty old now.

Comment

Thanks very much for the help,looks like it's time to open my xbox...

Comment

Working...
        X