X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ps2 rgb help!!!

Hi Guys and Girls,

I'm after some help!!

i have recently accuired a silver slimline ps2 which is modded with an infinity chip.

now i got an rgb lead, but whatever i do(include checking the ps2 menu for rgb output) i still get a horrid av picture??

now i thought the cable might be faulty so i opened the head and all the internal wiring is perfect???????
    there is no dvd switch from rgb to av on the ps2 end of the lead so i'm wondering if its my ps2 at fault?

any help appreciated.

If it looks **** it's probably composite. Try a DVD in the system. If it DOES NOT appear green then the cable isn't suitable.

Check your PMs by the way...

Comment

Also, make sure that the cable is plugged into AV1 socket not AV2.

If it still looks composite, then the cable is composite AV.

Comment

What RGB SCART cable did you get?

Comment

its a venom cable, but it states on the package to be rgb for better picture quality?

Comment

Never heard of it. Try Blaze's RGB cable, Gameplay sell them for about ?8, worth every penny

Comment

Have you checked the settings on the PS2 to make sure it is RGB?

Doh... too early in the morning to read properly!!
              Last edited by Bassman; 19-08-2005, 08:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman
                Have you checked the settings on the PS2 to make sure it is RGB?
                That's what I'd originally been thinking. However, Ace mentions in one of his posts that he checked this. This suggests the problem is probably with either the PS2's rgb output or with the lead he's using. I'd guess it's just the lead as it's a cheapo.

As the PS2's been modded I'd guess that there is no chance of a warranty claim so the best bet would be to buy or borrow another rgb lead (I'd recommend the Blaze one which is excellent) and try that out.
                Last edited by tom-nook; 19-08-2005, 08:08.

Comment

Have you checked that the TV is actually on the channel for RGB if for some reason the TV is not going to that when it gets the PS2 signal.

I presume you have other consoles that work happily with RGB on the TV?

Comment

Originally posted by Valken
                    If it looks **** it's probably composite. Try a DVD in the system. If it DOES NOT appear green then the cable isn't suitable.
                    The PS2 is Infinity chipped so it doesn't have the green screen issue on RGB with DVDs.

Probably just a dodgy cable not switching the TV to RGB properly, Venom make some shocking quality products.

Comment

Working...
                    X