ATI Catalyst 5.8 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATI Catalyst 5.8 Released

As topic really, noticed it earlier today.

Does anyone know if it eliminates the colour problems when running movie files?

Comment

edit - I'm being ****ing blind today, I tell you.

Comment

colour problems? like, they're a bit washed out compared to the monitor? (i'm using component via the dvi port)
        otherwise, juddering is more of a problem for me really, not sure if that's because of the driver though.

Comment

also, anybody recommending downloading the catalyst control center?
          think i've tried something like that before, and it was this awful very slow working interface, very confusing was basically just crap.

Comment

Well when i used media player or ati file player the colours are all screwed up like some psychedelic trip or something (mostly colours red blue and green i think)

Comment

you need to update your windows media player rather than your graphics drivers there

Comment

Ok just thought it was weird that in only happened with 5.7 and not previous drivers

Comment

Eastyy - I get that too. I've got a 9700pro All-in-wonder...I thought it might be the AIW bit that's the problem. You can get rid of it by turning off hardware accelleration in media player. It's been happening for me since I got the card (about a year) so not just in 5.7...
                  Edit: And I'm using the newest media player 10 I think.
                  Last edited by Psyduck; 19-08-2005, 11:07.

Comment

Ahh ok thanks

mine is a 9800 aiw i shall try that thanks

Comment

Only problem is without hardware decoding you can't play those HD videos very well, or at least I can't anyway. I can have em smooth and in green-o-vision or jerky with proper colours...not ideal. So if anyone knows a better solution - give us a shout!

Comment

I've found that since installing these BF2 is running an awful lot slower...bloody PC's.

Comment

It detects my radeon 9550 as a radeon 9550se. The only drivers that dont do this are the ones that came with it.

Comment

It shouldn't make any difference though, performance should remain the same.

Comment

Working...
                            X