Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how many people had problems with their JAP PSP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how many people had problems with their JAP PSP?

the PSP finally comes out in Australia next week, with the local EB offering a warranty on dead pixels of '2 or more'. but their first batch of pre-orders is already apparently filled, leaving a 2-3 week wait, and their system is $50 more than the JAP PSP I can get RIGHT NOW from dvdcrave.com.au but with which they say :

"If you receive a console that has dead pixels and you want to exchange it then we are happy to do that but it will be at the customers expense to ship the console back and have the replacement sent again. We hope this helps with consumer concerns about dead pixels."

I suppose I'm more impatient than anything else, but I'm also wondering on the quality difference between the Sharp and Samsung screens on the PSP as well. I've heard about lots of problems with PSPs, but obviously it's really only the people that have the problems that are going to make noise. I know I probably shouldn't take the punt on $350 worth of PSP, but I'm impatient and I was going to get this for myself for my birthday next week, and 2-3 weeks later will suck.

I've got 2 dead pixels on my JPN PSP but, other than that, I haven't had an issue with it and I really don't notice them much at all.

Comment

I bought 10 PSPs back in Japan and tested them all before shipping. None of them had dead pixels on start-up, although 2 did have a bit of dust under the screen. It's your call, but I don't think the risk is too high to import. As DVDcrave say, if you are unhappy you can spend the $50 dollars you would have saved on buying an Australian unit shipping it back to them for a replacement.

Comment

A couple of dead pixels and a bit of a touchy square button

Comment

I got a dead pixel/bit of dust under the screen. I'm a picky bastard, and didn't even notice it properly for a while, and even now don't care A dead pixel here or there is really not a massive problem.

My square button has been a bit dodgy lately tho, but was fine for like 6 months beforehand.

Comment

It's simple - Buy the PSP at the cheaper price now.

IF it has dead pixels (more than 2) then you go out and buy an 'official' one on launch day, then return it next day and tell them you don't want it for whatever reason except switch the 'import' with the 'official' one

Naughty but solves the issue. No DP's or dodgy square button on my Jap PSP - never had a single problem with it.

PLUS - If you get a Jap one it may be < v2.0 firmware which means EMULATION 8)

Comment

I have no dead pixels thanks to cHawkSo who checked it upon purchase,but what is really odd is once ive played it and then put it down,after probably a minimum of an hour if i pick it up again every button is 'stuck',almost like when you have spilt coke into something.
              **** me that was a long sentence.

A good nudge releases them but its mighty strange.

Comment

As far as I'm aware, the SHARP vs. inferior SAMSUNG screen thing was just an old internet rumour which now seems to be wrongly accepted as fact. Aren't they all SHARP screens?

I got a Japanese launch PSP and it's perfect, no dead pixels, dodgy buttons or anything. I'd go for whatever is cheaper, there's nothing to worry about really.

I doubt it's easy to strike lucky with the firmware these days though - 1.51, 1.52 and 2.0 are all out there with no sign of being cracked.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK
                  It's simple - Buy the PSP at the cheaper price now.

IF it has dead pixels (more than 2) then you go out and buy an 'official' one on launch day, then return it next day and tell them you don't want it for whatever reason except switch the 'import' with the 'official' one

Naughty but solves the issue. No DP's or dodgy square button on my Jap PSP - never had a single problem with it.

PLUS - If you get a Jap one it may be < v2.0 firmware which means EMULATION 8)
                  I asked about the return policy and they said they they will only take them back if they are immaculate, and if there is any Japanese text on the console at all then I imagine they will notice it so your (good) idea is out of the question.

yeah the emulation/firmware thing sounds like a good reason to give it a go. i wish i was rich

Comment

Working...
                  X