No announcement yet.

VG+ going downhill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've re-emailed them yesterday and still haven't had a reply from them, it's almost a week since my first one. If they don't reply to me soon, I'm going to switch over to Tronix-selling me repackaged games really went beyond the line, and now they're not answering my emails.

Comment

VG+ haven't bothered replying to my last two emails so I've permanently switched over to using NCSX now.

I've spoken to Sidney a few times and he's less than impressed with the management he's working under.

They used to be good but times have very obviously changed. I won't be ordering from them again.

Comment

I thought Sidney WAS VG+?

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders
          I thought Sidney WAS VG+?
          Whoops, misread what you wrote initially. Yeah, for a while I thought so too , but in one e-mail to me he mentioned that he spoke to management (concerning replacement shipping) so I guess not eh?
          Last edited by Light; 24-08-2005, 21:13.

Comment

Can't say I've ever had a problem with VG+.

The last thing I ordered from them was a PSP a couple of weeks ago; I ordered it on the Thursday night and it was with me by lunchtime the following Monday.

Comment

I haven't had any problems with them so far. Sigma Star Saga arrived 5 days after dispatch as usual and I will probably order Rebelstar Tactical Command from them as well. The only thing I have noticed is that their prices have gone up slightly but I think that has more to do with the exchange rate than anything.

Comment

They still haven't replied to my emails, and I've contacted them through the site and my normal email to their customer service address. I'm really pissed off now, and have told them I'll just send my faulty DS back and do a chargeback if they don't get in contact with me-what's up with them?

Comment

Is it me or is the shipping on their prices ridiculous now?

Comment

I once got a resealed game from them, the disc was scartched and my xbox had a hard time handling it. Kinda suprised, because usually I get 100% new, sealed games from them.
                    But I send it back and got a new one, no problem at all (had to pay the shipping costs though, but... oh well).

Comment

Just an update on the situation...Sidney emailed me today and was very sorry I hadn't received a reply prior to today, he did get it when sent and spoke to management about it, just they had some problems emailing in the last few days and couldn't get back to me. They've offered an exchange or refund, and I've decided an exchange as fine as long as they cover the return postage. I feel sorry for Sidney as he's the one getting all the complaints, whilst it seems it's management's fault for most of the problems, or more 'natural' occurences like lost parcels and faulty products which isn't their fault. However I'll wait till the exchange rate works in our favour again before ordering with them anymore, I'll use Tronix in the meantime as their prices are better.

Don't let my experience put you off though, as they've always impressed me with their 'personal' service (i.e. Sidney's often shipped multiple orders together with DHL for me, not only saving me time, but money as he charges me the actual cost of shipping which saves a fortune on big orders) and has responded to requests for games not on their site. I think that if anyone's had a bad experience recently, that VG+ are aware people are getting antsy, and should hopefully ensure the service is as good as before as I still believe they must be one of the best import sites on the net.

What I have suggested to them, however, is that perhaps they could reduce their prices as with the exchange rate they are up to ?4-5 more just for one game, than Tronix for example, as well as reducing shipping a fraction. Most games sell for $69.99, maybe a reduction to $64.99 for example on those games would keep customers shopping there-anyone agree?
                      Last edited by Weinberg; 27-08-2005, 19:08.

Comment

Working...
                      X