Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wireless PC -> TV/Amp etc? (General wireless questions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless PC -> TV/Amp etc? (General wireless questions)

I recently heard someone mention this. The thing that caught my eye was "wireless MP3 streaming".

AWESOMENESS (not a word probably)

I assume it to mean just using your pc to play mp3s and via a wireless network straight out of your amp. Is it that simple, if so anyone have any links to the things I'd need?

Secondly, wireless networking. Am I right in thinking I could have my pc upstairs but the modem downstairs and with a wireless router I can beam that "connection" to my pc upstairs (I'd love more space in the lounge basically).

Finally, back to the wireless transferring, I can't get under the carpet with my tv-out cable, can you do pc tv-out -> tv via wireless as well?

All that said, without paying the earth - is the signal gonna be **** if you do it via wireless?

Originally posted by Jebus
    I recently heard someone mention this. The thing that caught my eye was "wireless MP3 streaming".

AWESOMENESS (not a word probably)

I assume it to mean just using your pc to play mp3s and via a wireless network straight out of your amp. Is it that simple, if so anyone have any links to the things I'd need?
    Can't really help here, but it does indeed sound AWESOMENESS!!

Secondly, wireless networking. Am I right in thinking I could have my pc upstairs but the modem downstairs and with a wireless router I can beam that "connection" to my pc upstairs (I'd love more space in the lounge basically).
    All that said, without paying the earth - is the signal gonna be **** if you do it via wireless?
    Yip, plug modem into router downstairs, plug wireless receiver into PC and woosh! - 95% signal strength for me (although it only has to go about 12 feet)

Finally, back to the wireless transferring, I can't get under the carpet with my tv-out cable, can you do pc tv-out -> tv via wireless as well??
    Have you tried just putting the cable under the carpet? You don't have to get under there too...

Comment

Working...
    X