PC Engine / TurboGrafx compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC Engine / TurboGrafx compatibility

Can somebody clear this up for me? Everywhere I check, I'm told that US TurboGrafx games won't run on a JPN PC Engine. Thing is, US Lords of Thunder works just fine on my JPN machine.

Is it just that this one game is an aberration, or do all US CD-based games work on JPN consoles? And are there any exceptions to the rule as far as HuCard games go?

I know hucards are wired differently for US and JP so unless you do mod hucards aren't interchangeable...

for CD/SCD titles though I know Turbo Duo has no region checking but thought PC Engine combos do and will need to do region mod to bypass... unless that game is region free or multi-region?

Comment

Cheers chief.

I asked this elsewhere as well, because I wanted a speedy answer. Apparently, all CD games will work on all regions, apart from those that require the Arcade Card Pro/Duo.

I'm sure I must have known this before and just forgotten it, because I've had this LoT disc for a couple of years now and can't imagine myself ever buying it without being sure that it'd work on my hardware

Thanks for the reply, though!

Comment

no worries mate

Comment

Originally posted by E. Randy Dupre
          Can somebody clear this up for me? Everywhere I check, I'm told that US TurboGrafx games won't run on a JPN PC Engine. Thing is, US Lords of Thunder works just fine on my JPN machine.

Is it just that this one game is an aberration, or do all US CD-based games work on JPN consoles? And are there any exceptions to the rule as far as HuCard games go?
          I've got both TurboGrafx and PC Engines,the US games(cards) certainly work on JAP machines,if you've got the converter obviously,although i think the others allready answered this??

Comment

Working...
          X