Question about the square button on the PSPs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about the square button on the PSPs

Calling all PSP owners...does your square button feel a bit funny when you press it? I can't quite explain...I mean it works well enough but it feels a little soft & springy and doesn't have the same solid de-press satisfaction like the other three.

My square button also has this tiny metal bar running vertically behind it, tis very odd. Other than this "flaw???" the machine is otherwise perfect and thankfully has NO dead pixels.

I did read somewhere that loads of PSPs have been returned to Sony due to this very thing but it's not a true technical fault as such but merely a stupid design fault.

???

I know there's something weird about my square button but it's a little hard to describe.

It works fine but it makes a louder noise than the others and presses in at a slight slant, it's annoying while trying to play Coded Arms.

My X button is very loud aswell.

Comment

It's a known issue.

Kuturagi basically said 'deal with it, I want it this way'. Not in those words, but that was the implication.

Comment

Originally posted by mickyboy

My square button also has this tiny metal bar running vertically behind it, tis very odd.
        It's OK, all PSP's have got this. True, the square button is different when you press it from all the other buttons on the face of the handheld, but it works fine! I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

Working...
        X