Network adaptor for PS2- is it free?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network adaptor for PS2- is it free?

Is using a network adapter for a PS2 free ?

If so, it is a simple case of plugging it in and hooking it to your ISP routher and away you go.

Also if anyone knows is the PES5 going to be Network playable, I have winning 11 -9 but atill not worked out if this is playable online yet.

Thanks guys

It's dependant on the software, but almost all online games on the PS2 are free, least the ones that use the Sony network i.e all of them bar EverQuest and a few more.

Certainly all those EA online titles are free, as is the new Resident Evil Outbreak: File 2.

It's a worthy purchase, the old Network Adaptor has been pretty scarce since the PSTwo came out. I believe you can purchase it with Twisted Metal Black: Online for the same price as a standalone Network Adaptor now o_O

Comment

Do u know what is a reasonable price to pay for one of these things ?

Comment

RRP is ?19.99 for the standalone unit or... ?19.99 for the Network Adaptor + Twisted Metal. Strange huh?

At one point, you could find them as low as ?9.99, but since the PSTwo came out, it's become harder to find them at such a low price.

?19.99 is a bargin when you consider most games don't require a subscription, so it's pretty much a one-off purchase.

Comment

Cheers shakey

Last question before i go buying one

Are they are GOOD racing or football games out for the network play such as PES series or the Burnout series ?
          Thanks

Comment

Burnout 3 has Netplay. No idea if it works well, sorry - I have the XBox release. Not that I ever took that online either, mind you.

Apparently, the latest F1 game from Sony Liverpool has netplay as well.

Comment

Working...
            X