Recommend Cheap Multiregion DVD Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend Cheap Multiregion DVD Player

Any Decent models available that people already own ?

I've got a Pani Re-recordable which I cant unlock to my knowledge, also its picky about what kind of CD it plays.

Not looking to spend a fortune, any Pointers would be appreciated !
    Last edited by Gerry Helmet; 29-08-2005, 14:52.

Bein the cheapskate i am got a wee Apex AD-1100 for the bedroom from Dixons at ?29.99, can be made multiregion via code and plays all disc as far as i know.
    Dixons Online have it for ?24.75.

Comment

Some of Asda's DVD Players can be made multi-region, just check the model out online to get the code. They are roughly ?20-?30 and plus you get a three year guarantee with any electrical item you buy from Asda, so it's handy if it ever breaks.

I think my parents paid ?24.87 for theirs or something stupid and it plays brilliantly.

Comment

Check www.dvdrhelp.com for region hacks

Comment

I got a Sony (DVP-NS355) from Amazon for about ?50 that's fantastic for the cash, doesn't look like you can still get it on there but there's a couple of newer Sony ones that I'd assume are probably better if anything. No messing about doing hacks and stuff either

Comment

You'd be hard pushed to find a DVD Player that doesn't have a region hack these days, as most DVD Players use the same chipsets made by Taiwanese companies like MediaTek, especially if you avoid the big brands like Panasonic.

Comment

OK, so it's not mega cheap (?99.95), but it has been reduced again since I bought it in January this year (new model's out now that's why).

It's a blinder! and it's played everything I thrown at it for the last 8 months. Its got both SACD and DVD-Audio playback compatibility and Progressive scan.

A quality DVD player!

Comment

If you're spending that much though, I'd be half-tempted to spend the extra and get the replacement 585 model from SuperFi.

No idea what the difference is, though.

Comment

This is a bargain for the money (?50).

Limit DVDA900SE MultiRegion (with supplied hack), audio tuned by Cyrus. Zoran chipset (used in a lot of more expensive players).

PAL/NTSC progressive.

Comment

Get real. For those prices you can get a decent multiregion Progressive scan et al DVD **and** DivX player! Even Panasonic.

Perhaps not on the rip off high street was was always the case when I wa sin UK but at least form eBay, yes. With the prices players with it go for these days DiVX/XVID/MPEG4 compatibility and playback is an absolute must.

Comment

I've been using Toshiba's DVD players for years now, they've always looked great to me.

Comment

The ?30 Yakumo DVD player I bought from Amazon about a year ago (to replace my fat, old workhorse that wouldn't play 'promos') died on me at the weekend. Bloody rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by Naouruki
                          Get real. For those prices you can get a decent multiregion Progressive scan et al DVD **and** DivX player! Even Panasonic.

Perhaps not on the rip off high street was was always the case when I wa sin UK but at least form eBay, yes. With the prices players with it go for these days DiVX/XVID/MPEG4 compatibility and playback is an absolute must.
                          I'd rather buy from a shop and have RTB comeback if the player's borked. I never buy anything electrical off eBay if I can help it, and for the sake of ?10 or so more I can get a proper warranty and proper customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_sockochris
                            http://ws2.richersounds.com/showprod...OSH-SD140E-SIL

I've been using Toshiba's DVD players for years now, they've always looked great to me.
                            I had problems with the 220 and 520 - there were loads of discs they couldn't play without "thinking" about it, if they played at all, especially the loathsome 220: worst player I've ever owned (and I was a Tosh fanboy at the time).

I've switched to Panny.

Comment

What wouldn't play on the 220? I'm reasonably happy with mine (I'm half tempted to upgrade to a 585 for the additional Divx, SACD and DVD-A features, but not for picture quality which is fine), and the only discs it's ever not liked were the menus on the DTS releases of Mousehunt and The Haunting (press stop and go straight to the film to avoid this).

Comment

Working...
                              X