dreamcast emulation and importing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dreamcast emulation and importing

How exactly does dreamcast emulation and playing import games work?
    what will i need and is it easy?

edit: and one other thing, do fully chipped consoles play backup games or homebrew software without a bootdisc?
    Last edited by FreelancePolice; 31-08-2005, 18:43.

Any dreamcast will play selfbooting backup/homebrew games without a boot disk or modifications.

You will only need a boot disk for the early backup games that were released before they knew how to make them self boot.

A boot disk will also allow PAL games to run on an NTSC machine and vice versa.

The mod chip chip only disables the region checking.

Comment

ah brilliant thanks, so is it worth getting a chipped one, i want it for fighting games and pop n music but don't want all the hassle of a boot disk

Comment

Not all dreamcasts run CDR's out of the box! I've seen it myself, games that run on mine, and don't on another.

Be careful there sir! test one first before burning a bunch off

Comment

will do, i think im getting it for legit games anyway, Just some fighting ones with some arcade sticks and other niche games

Comment

Listen to that laser grind under the strain of running from a CD.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Scared me enough to stop bothering.

Comment

Yeah, a word of warning about the DC laser and CD-Rs...

I killed my laser running CD-Rs on the DC. Well, not 'killed' as such - it actually still reads my CD-Rs, but...It doesn't read my originals anymore! So I can't play Soul Calibur on it now, without resorting to a dodgy rip. I should really get around to getting a replacement one, but it seems like they're becoming harder to find.

Comment

Working...
              X