Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GBA Micro - Colours and where people are getting theirs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GBA Micro - Colours and where people are getting theirs?

Been mulling over getting one of these but I'm a bit concerned where to get one if I did. Different colours seem to be being released in different territories with naturally Europe getting shafted once again.

I'm after a black one, which is definitely getting a Jap release but I'd rather stick with VG+ and I'm not sure if their 'black' one is just a sliver model with a black face plate?

Anyone know for certain what the colour situation is between the different territories?

As stated in this topic, I'm getting the Famicom version from Play-Asia.

I think the black with silver you're referring to is a "review"-copy sent out to the press while the one you can buy is completely black..

MoFo2

Comment

As posted in the thread above, both the solid black and the black/silver or silver/black are launch colours:

The EU has Green, Blue, Silver and Pink (All solid colours, the casing the same as the faceplate). Japan has Purple, Silver, Blue, Black and Famicom (again, all matching casing and faceplate). But the US has Silver casing with 3 faceplates (Ammonite, Ladybug and Black) then the other option is the Black casing with 3 faceplates (Camouflage, Flame and Silver). All of which I think look pretty damn ugly in combination.

Here's the EU options:

Here's the Japan options:

And here's the US options:

Comment

Japan > EU > US, each by a fairly large margin, frankly. I'd most like the sky-blue Japanese one, but if I do get one at all, it'll probably be the EU blue.

Since I've already got my UK Blue SP, and we've only got one DS in the family, I can't see me rushing for either though.

Comment

Working...
        X