visa debit cards on usa sites ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

visa debit cards on usa sites ?

has anyone tried a visa debit card to buy things from the us. as i have a card for my halifax bank account and they say you can use it to pay for things abroad ?

was thinking of using it to buy from tronixweb ?

i have a credit card but dont want to use it at the moment

thanks

wod

It seems to depend on the site, as VG+ accept my Visa Electron, but Lik-Sang did not (though they do take PayPal).

I actually emailed Tronix last week asking if they accepted Visa Electron, but I recieved no reply.

Comment

I don't think you get the same level of cover with Visa Debit as you do with a credit card (insurance, chargebacks) so bear that in mind, particularly with international orders...

Comment

thats what i was thinking as i've never had a problem when using a credit card, just thought it would be easier to see if it worked so it would come straight out of my account

i just used my credit card instead as i probably would be unlucky and have to send them proof of the account. it saves hassle anyway

cheers for the replies

wod

Comment

NCSX took mine through, no problems. I don't know about tronix, but I was gonna place an order with them sooner or later, so I'll find out for myself.

Comment

Tronix accepts visa electron. I always buy with my electron card from barclays.

Comment

a visa debit card will work anywhere a visa credit card will (not a visa debit is different from a visa electron). Iv used it basically everywhere, on holiday in Rome, Canada, on websites like lik-sang, play-asia, amazon etc..... just look for the visa sign, although remember you dont have the same level of protection

Comment

Working...
              X