Videogames Cases/Scratches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Videogames Cases/Scratches

I just had a quick scan-through my game collection and upon close inspection was shocked to see that most of the disc-based games that I have, have tiny scratches on their cases. Interestingly, there appears to be a lot more of these scratches on gamecube cases than on the ps2 cases (I'm guessing there's some difference in material). Anyway, its not like I don't take care of my games or anything, I leave them on the shelf when I don't use them, and always try to be careful when handling them, so I can't quite understand where the scratches come from. I assume its because the cases rub against each other every time I take a game out, or put one back on the shelf, which brings me to the topic's question: do you take additional steps to avoid these tiny scratches from occuring? Kubrick already suggested using polly bags, but I think I'll avoid doing that save for only my most valuable games that I'd want in tip-top condition. I know its not really a big deal to most people, but I sometimes find that these scratches can become an eye-sore, especially if I want the game to be in "mint" condition. Anyone else feel the same way, and if so, do you (CAN you???) do anything about it?

1) mod your system
    2) keep the originals sealed
    3) play copies

Comment

Then...

4) Buy another console when the DVD drive packs in

Comment

I keep all my cube games in protective vinyl dvd sleeves I bought off of ebay. Keeps the boxes in as new condition without any signs of 'shelf wear'.

If I remember correctly they set me back approx. ?12 (incl. shipping from the US) for a pack of 100. A few pence a game is a small price to pay for minty games imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Schweino
          1) mod your system
          2) keep the originals sealed
          3) play copies
          that is the only way they will definitly stay mint!

as i said to you on a similar thread you started, it's the mintness of the disc that matters! if you look after your case and instructions (i.e hardly touch them and store safe) then its fine!

get over it dude!

Comment

Working...
          X