Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sega cdx questions

Thinking about picking up one of these little gems so -
    How easy is it to mod to play games from other countrys esp Japan.
    Had a look about but cant find any prices for a boxed one.
    Cheers
    Last edited by huxley; 06-09-2005, 19:38.

Hey I was thinking exactly the same thing but doesnt look like this thread got much interest.. Perhaps one of thise Datel cartridges would work for pal or jap games? Anyone?

Comment

After doing some research of my own.. There IS a datel cartridge for use on the cdx making both jap and pal mega cd games playable on it! Full screen full speed treatment for my Pal mega cd games? Yes please! No fiddling about with md mods multi-bios what-have-u's and whatever!

A note to those who possibly don't know what a cdx is: Its the american release of the multi-mega.

Comment

Beware though, the carts are notoriously ****. They won't run a lot of games. (I ahve a pro cdx cart if you're interested)

Comment

CD+Plus is supposed to be the best import cartridge which had a higher success rate then Pro Cdx

Comment

If your talking about SegaCD games, don't bother with carts.

Rip your games as Iso, patch the region using SCDConv, burn to CDR.
            You protect your originals then too.

Comment

Originally posted by mcarocks2003
              CD+Plus is supposed to be the best import cartridge which had a higher success rate then Pro Cdx
              Agreed. But even the cd+plus is still poor.

Comment

Id compleatly forgoten about these little things! I want, how much are these consoles? and are they rare?Edit,found out about ?50 boxed,plenty on ebay.
                Last edited by SuperDanX; 21-02-2006, 13:01.

Comment

Working...
                X