PS2 leads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS2 leads

I have just acquired one of the new slimline PS2s and was wondering what cable was best to replace the standard one with. Is it worth getting a component cable or are there too few games to make it worth bothering with? Is RGB a better option for the PS2?

Have you got a TV that supports component?

RGB and s-video both look nice on ps2.

Comment

Yep, I've been waiting to try the component out on it for ages as I couldn't justify the expense for the Gamecube! Do non prog scan games look any better in component than in RGB?

Comment

It depends on the TV to be honest. On my old TV the different between Component and RGB was minimal, but on my new one Component is visibly better.

Comment

I would argue that RGB Scart is superior to Component for interlaced, non-HD content, given the fact that Component uses compressed colour, whereas RGB Scart uses pure, uncompressed RGB. The compressed YPbPr colour used in Component connections much also be uncompressed back into RGB at the TV end, which adds yet another process to the whole thing. Course, whether you can actually see any difference at all is another thing entirely.
          Component has better bandwidth utilisation, which allows for HD and the like.

That said, we all know how mediocre the PS2's RGB output is.

Comment

I have a JVC HV28P37S, I think I might go for the component lead to save myself a scart input. Any particular component lead that anyone can recommend?

Comment

As per usual, go official. Don't be fooled by the cheap third party stuff.

They're 15 quid on the Sony page.

Comment

Grrr, out of stock! Are they available anywhere else? The only place I found was videogameimport.com and it was ?25 there!

Comment

I'm looking for an official one aswell! Hard to find it seems.

I take it the one on videogameimports (JPN cable??) will work fine on a PAL modded PS2?

Comment

I used a UK PS1 (RGB admittedly) lead on my Asian PSTwo, so I don't see a problem with using an import lead on a PAL PS2.

Comment

Working...
                    X