Arcade (style) games for PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arcade (style) games for PC

OK, I got myself and arcade cabinet and a j-pac recently. I've got MAME up and running nicely but it's no good for the more modern games (3d especially). Can anyone suggest any arcade conversions or arcade style games I should look out for? I've thought of Virtua Fighter, Virtua Tennis, and guilty gear x (and xx reload)...anything else?

Joystick only btw - no driving games!

Thanks!

Those Japanese freeware things by Kenta Cho (?) are mostly playable on a digital stick and a few buttons. Sorry I'm being useless about their names.

Torus Trooper, that's the one I was thinking of. He's got loads of others too.

Comment

Oh, and another obvious option is your nearest Megadrive/Snes emulator, of course.

Comment

yeah, I'm thinking of actual PC versions of games if possible, rather than emulators...
        Thanks for the help so far though!

Comment

If you are up for original arcade-style games, then a visit to www.pompomgames.com might be of interest... Mutant Storm is particularly ace, but might be better with a twin-stick setup. Space Tripper should work well though, if you like horizontal shooters.

Comment

Working...
          X