Alternatives to MS Office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternatives to MS Office

As title says really. Are there any decent alternatives? I've just downloaded OpenOffice from Sun systems, and initial impressions are quite good.

open office is good, i was going to recommend that

Comment

Another vote for open office. It does everything I need it to.

Comment

yes, openoffice

Comment

oo beta 2 here

been using it for a long time, and also in a special school where I work there are no office machines whatsoever.

people who come in and say they dont have office on their computer are automatically given a free copy of OO.o on CDR, and its usually the teachers and staff who bitch and moan about trivial things like menu placement, or the fact it doesnt open a propreitary document format (.doc), whereas the kids just get on and use it.

so yeah, its good, downfall might be its slower as its a bit java based, and it has some issues with closed formats, but really, its free and worth every penny.

saved us a lot on licenses we simply could not afford for the school.

Comment

All sounds good to me. Was a bit peeved that a new system didn't come with word etc, when it always use to. Works is ok, but a bit limited.

thanks chaps

Comment

I'm happy to see you using openoffice instead of stealing MS Office like so many

kudos.;

Comment

I was tempted, but then the disc someone gave me at work didn't have a serial so i thought sod it, i'll try summat else

Comment

pen and paper

Comment

Working...
                  X