No announcement yet.

Yesasia's free PSP shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I selected standard shipping too but my PSP doesn't appear to have been upgraded to UPS delivery.

Just looked at my invoice and there's a tracking number shown. It wasn't recognised on the UPS site so I tried it on the Hong Post site (they sent my last PSP to me using them) & it looks like it is one of theirs. Shows a posted date of '17th Sept' and the destination as 'United Kingdom', so I guess it must be my PSP. Looks like it's just been sent registered airmail rather than Speedpost too.

It seems really odd that they've upgraded some orders to UPS/ courier for free but not them all - gits!
    Last edited by tom-nook; 19-09-2005, 21:46.

Comment

i've just checked mine and its also regular mail from hong kong.
      Last edited by butchcvc; 19-09-2005, 22:00.

Comment

If it's like this 'RA..........HK' it's a Hong Kong post ref.

Tracking is pretty much non-existent and all it'll tell you is when it was posted but that's about it.

Comment

Received mine this morning. no duty to pay either

Comment

Yep, mine too. No duty. Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by ucci
              What courier do YesAsia normally use? Just been told that that there is a card from UPS with a COD amount of ?15 written on it at home. Could this be the PSP that I ordered?
              I got one of these for ?15.97 today. I normally have stuff sent to my college address where someone can sign for it and keep it safe for me to collect in the evenings. They don't usually handle COD packages, but I just left some cash for them so they can receive it in the morning. COD is a pain, and one reason why I never choose to use UPS.

Somewhat annoyed by it all though - especially since I originally opted for the "VAT-free" free shipping.

From the slip that was left, the package appears to be marked at $400 HKD. At HMCE's current rates that works out nicely as ?4.97 tax plus ?11 for the UPS admin fee . There was also a note saying "estimated value", so I wonder if YA had marked it lower, but customs didn't believe it and randomly slapped a different value on there. I doubt they would have opened it to check as in that case they would have valued it much higher.

Comment

Mine was marked with a value of HK$100

Comment

I just checked my order and it's been updated with a tracking no., and it's a UPS one
                  Do UPS take cheques at the door?

Geezer

Comment

Originally posted by Geezer
                    I just checked my order and it's been updated with a tracking no., and it's a UPS one
                    Do UPS take cheques at the door?

Geezer
                    I'm pretty sure they do.

I've certainly paid duty on stuff before with a cheque when they deliver. Done so a few months ago, so I don't expect this to have changed!

Comment

If you get hit by customs and you chose FREE shipping (for which they upgraded) then fire off an email to YA.

They will refund this to you via credit to your YA account.

Comment

Emailed YesAsia yday in regard to the customs charge I had to pay, they want me to send them the invoice. Unsure whether to scan it, then email it or send them it physically, or both? Nonetheless they said they would pay the fee so im

Comment

Got my PSP & WE9UE today.

Originally posted by ucci
                          Unsure whether to scan it, then email it or send them it physically, or both?
                          I'll send YA an e-mail tomorrow about it. I'll be including a scan of the pink slip which has all the details on it. I think that should be enough.

Comment

Can somebody clarify a point for me please? If I order a white PSP from Yesasia and opt for standard shipping (ie - free), it's going to arrive via *some form* of registered post, yes? I don't trust the posties round here and don't much fancy waiting for a PSP sent via 'normal' post. Whether it's 2 days or 2 weeks I'm not so fussed about.

Thanks.

Jay

Comment

Yes it will-At worst you'll recieve it via registered airmail, at best it'll be upgraded to UPS shipping

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X