Subtitles...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subtitles...?

I have an .srt subtitle file that I need to somehow attach to run with an .avi file... Is there anyone nice enough to give me some pointers as to how to do this? It'd be much appreciated!

Originally posted by Jusatsushi
    I have an .srt subtitle file that I need to somehow attach to run with an .avi file... Is there anyone nice enough to give me some pointers as to how to do this? It'd be much appreciated!
    You don't need to attach them to each other.

Just ensure they are in the same folder, and that the names of both before the extension are the exact same.

Of course you will need VobSub installed. I suggest downloading the K-Lite Codec Pack if you do not have VobSub as it will install all necessary codecs for the vast majority of avi containers as well as, of course, VobSub, which is what will recognise the .SRT sub file and open it with the movie file.

Subs displayed, voila.

Comment

I'll give that k-lite codec pack a whirl... thanks mate!

Comment

Don't install codec packs. You don't need additional codecs and thats a sure fire way to **** things up for your later on. Just download vlc Player or Media Player Classic (google them) instead. They'll both play an .avi file with an .srt subs file.
        Last edited by Fei Fong Wong; 15-09-2005, 11:26.

Comment

vlc works very well

wouldn't be final fantasy by any chance?

Comment

Working...
          X