PS2 controller on Saturn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS2 controller on Saturn

I want to use my Hori SC2 stick on my Saturn for some fighting goodness - anyone know of any reliable adapters around?

After a Google search, I found this:

I presume they ought to be available elsewhere.

Comment

lik-sang

They stock them for nearly every console.

Comment

Very nice, thanks chaps

Comment

Be careful if you want to use it with an arcade stick, though, as a lot of converters don't support old-style PS1 joypads (ones without analogue sticks), which is how a lot arcade sticks and dance mats appear to the console. The Saturn one, AFAIK, only works on Dual Shock compatible controllers.

Comment

Oh dear - that chucks a hefty spanner in the works then. I suppose I shall have to look out for a Saturn stick then :/

Comment

Mine works with my PS2 Virtua Stick.

Comment

Geezer - you don't have a Soul Calibur stick you could try by any chance mate?

Comment

Sorry dude, the Virtua Stick is the only PS2 stick I have at the moment

Comment

Ah now worries - cheers anyway mate

Comment

i've always had the impression that it's the consoles, rather than the converters, that cause problems with digital-only pads:

ps2 has been designed to work with psone pads (i.e. digital-only) whereas the cube and xbox EXPECT analogue sticks. i think the newer converters that sort this out tell the console that they do have analogue sticks.

btw if i recall, the SC2 stick does in fact work with the converters, it's the old grey/yellow namco stick, etc, that cause problems (although i have one of these and it works fine with my xbox+magicbox converter)

Comment

i bought one of these:
                        Universal PS2™ Controller Adapter for GameCube, Xbox, WindowsConnect your PS™/PS2™ controller to your Xbox™, Gamecube™ or PC USB port.Supports vibration feedback.Suitable for steerings wheels and joysticks.Suitable for dancing controllers.

in the hope of being able to use my SC2 ps2 stick and ps2 saturn pad on the gamecube and pc, but it doesn't work with any combination i have tried

Comment

hmmm maybe it is the adapters at fault then

i guess if you were feeling adventurous you could wire up a dual shock pad's circuit board inside the sc2 stick - that way you'd be fine as the analogue sticks would still be 'present'

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq
                            hmmm maybe it is the adapters at fault then

i guess if you were feeling adventurous you could wire up a dual shock pad's circuit board inside the sc2 stick - that way you'd be fine as the analogue sticks would still be 'present'
                            that is a very good idea, thanks, i may well try it believe it or not i have sort of already done something similar but with a pc pad, the sc2 stick used to work fine on the pc with mame, but its been in storage for a bit and it's not working anymore

oh and i think the sc2 and namco sticks are the same as i had a namco one a while ago and the insides are practically identical!

Comment

Originally posted by msm13579
                              oh and i think the sc2 and namco sticks are the same as i had a namco one a while ago and the insides are practically identical!
                              Yep, the Namco stick I opened up a while ago also had HORI internals.

Comment

Working...
                              X