Burning at 1x Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burning at 1x Speed

I've recently and (admittedly after a few failed attempts) successfully entered the world of patching Winning Eleven.

Although my burnt images do work the laser seems to struggle at times.
    I've seen that it's recommended to burn at 1x speed but the lowest that both Nero and Alcohol seem to offer me is 4x.

What gives and what can I do?

Thanks!

Hmm - sounds like your laser might be on its way out (far from uncommon on ps2 particularly chipped ones !)

I'd actually say burn it at about 8 or 12 speed. 2 at the lowest.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK
      Hmm - sounds like your laser might be on its way out (far from uncommon on ps2 particularly chipped ones !)

I'd actually say burn it at about 8 or 12 speed. 2 at the lowest.
      Me PS2 is still working fine with everything else - 100% a-o-k.
      All the patching guides say 1x so that I assumed was ideal...

Thanks for your thoughts - anyone else got anything to add on this?

Comment

Grab a download of Discjuggler trial version. It's capped at 1x until you buy it.

Comment

It's strange that they're suggesting 1x - modern burners are more accurate etc at their maximum speed, rather than burning slowly. This is a common misconception.

Comment

Speaking of patching, is there anywhere someone could point me for old patches? Cheapskate that I am, I've only got the first two PES games on the PS2.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian(not Ian)
              Grab a download of Discjuggler trial version. It's capped at 1x until you buy it.
              Thanks for the tip-off.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewfee
                It's strange that they're suggesting 1x - modern burners are more accurate etc at their maximum speed, rather than burning slowly. This is a common misconception.
                Okay, I'll try one at 1x with that discjuggler demo and one at the faster speeds offered by Nero/Alcohol and see which is best.

Cheers.
                Last edited by Ratso; 16-09-2005, 09:28.

Comment

Originally posted by mid
                  Speaking of patching, is there anywhere someone could point me for old patches? Cheapskate that I am, I've only got the first two PES games on the PS2.
                  Try Evo-Web, PES Insight and PESFan webbies?

Comment

I did Ratso - unfortunately, finding anything older than PES4 patches is a nightmare.

I've at least got a pre-prepped Options file, so the basics are done. Katamari Damacy should hopefully arrive tomorrow, so I doubt I'll get much PES playing done anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by mid
                      I did Ratso - unfortunately, finding anything older than PES4 patches is a nightmare.

I've at least got a pre-prepped Options file, so the basics are done. Katamari Damacy should hopefully arrive tomorrow, so I doubt I'll get much PES playing done anyway.
                      You'll like Katamari!

Seriously though, I would recommending investing in at least PES4 (going cheap now). It really is a huge improvement on the earlier incarnations.

Avoid PES3 though; it's a terrible ruination of Winning Eleven 7.

Comment

Working...
                      X