Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I update my PSP without a Wireless connection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I update my PSP without a Wireless connection?

Don't really fancy having to shell out ANOTHER ?100 after recently purchasing a PSP and a 1gb memory stick (if I can help it) for one of those wireless sensor thingies. I know that I can connect the PSP to my computer via a USB cable, but can I download updates through it?

By updates do you mean firmware or game content? Easiest solution is probably to wander around and find an unsecured wireless network (are MacDonalds still doing this).

Comment

Well, I managed to update my PSP to 2.0 via the demo disk, but do I need a wireless connection for downloads of any kind or will my USB cable handle game files etc?

Comment

In the past, previous firmware updates have been available to download via your PC web browser. You can copy these over to your memory stick (via USB) then run it on the PSP to update your firmware. I?ve never done it this way personally so I?m not entirely sure how you actually get the update to run. I think it is from the Memory Stick option on the Games drop down menu (not the Save Data Manager option).

As for game downloads, the only ones I have gotten so far have been Wipeout Pure track packs and I think these are also available on the www.wipeoutpure.com website. I think it?s just a case of copying the file to your Saves folder.

Comment

That should sort me out then hopefully, thanks for the info guys

Comment

It's what C` said - You can download the files onto your pc, install to the GAME folder on the memory stick then run them from the PSP frontend. That's firmware updates anyway, game packs etc you can install straight onto PSP via USB - try wipeout if you have it - When I download packs it recognises the psp attached via USB and downloads the files then unpacks straight onto the memory stick. Piece of piss.

Comment

Working...
            X