Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
    No, that false.
    Star Ocean, for example, supports proper 16:9.
    Considering I have the PAL version, it's of no use, since it has those awful bars on it... Square Enix really has always had problems with this. I'll never buy a PAL version from them again.

Comment

Originally posted by danholo
      Considering I have the PAL version, it's of no use, since it has those awful bars on it... Square Enix really has always had problems with this. I'll never buy a PAL version from them again.
      PAL version also removed the 480p mode too. That alone was reason enough for me to buy the NTSC game dispite already owning the PAL game.

Comment

Originally posted by guiddruid
        IGR was enabled in the evox dash, but turning it off & rebooting made no difference. 4:3 it is then
        no i meant TSR - have a look for it, it's among the last items on the list. The available options for it are enabled, disabled and debug. set it to disabled, save, then reboot and try again

i had quite a few games stop running when it was enabled. The TSR basically checks the region of the game you're playing and switches the video mode between NTSC and PAL depending on region. Problem is, it's usually the main culprit when games give you a black screen or just return to the dashboard

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
          PAL version also removed the 480p mode too. That alone was reason enough for me to buy the NTSC game dispite already owning the PAL game.
          What's the 480p mode? Of course my TV can zoom out the bars but it stretches the image and lowers the sharpness of the picture. That's what the ZOOM function does. And, being picky, I'll have none of that but no I have no choice.

But yeah, I really don't understand why one of the biggest video game developers does such a disservice to European fans for degrading these games. Europe really gets the shaft. At least they could add an NTSC option! Even Mege Man X8 has an NTSC option! I mean, WTF? I'll definitely pick up SO:TTEOT NTSC U/C when I go to the States in December.
          Last edited by danholo; 20-09-2005, 08:45.

Comment

Its a lot simpler than everyone seems to be making out.

PS2 - the dash switch is for DVDs. Games have to be changed manually, via the in-game options.

XBOX - the dash switch is for DVDs and games, but not all games support 16:9. Dead or Alive 3, for example, will display in 4:3 despite your dash settings.

GC - Games have to be changed manually via in-game options.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq
              no i meant TSR [...] TSR basically checks the region of the game you're playing and switches the video mode between NTSC and PAL depending on region
              Ahhh! My apologies. I didn't read closely enough. That makes some sense. I did have to modify the TSR bit of my evox.ini when I got GTA-SA to get it to boot from the HDD... can't remember what I set it to, I'll check tonight.
              Could it be that now I have removed the TSR I need to set the region for each game in the INI file in order to get 16:9 to work?

Comment

Originally posted by danholo
                What's the 480p mode?
                Another name for Progressive Scan mode. I can see why they removed it, as it would bump the game up to 60Hz by it's very nature, which causes desync issues on that game, but it's still something which really makes the PAL game worthless for me.

Comment

Originally posted by forpey

PS2 - the dash switch is for DVDs. Games have to be changed manually, via the in-game options.
                  Some PS2 games do use the TV setting in the dash, I know that Burnout 3 and ESPN NFL 2K5 do and there's probably a few more.

Comment

Originally posted by forpey
                    if you're gonna accuse us of complicating things, please read the thread properly - the main problem guiddruid is having is that certain xbox games REFUSE to run if he sets the screen to 16:9, which shouldn't happen as, if the game is 4:3, it'll change the screen to 4:3 and when you reboot the xbox will revert to 16:9

Comment

Working...
                    X