wipeout or ridge racer - psp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wipeout or ridge racer - psp

Planning to get a psp but at this time i only wanna pick one game.

Both games have recieved really good reviews but which one has a better lifespan (if thats the right word to use)...?

It's probably been done to death but i've searched through the site and loads of threads but which one of these would be a good screen wipe???
    http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?cat...oducts_id=6232&
    or
    http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-be-70-gsk.html#

Any info is appreciated
    Last edited by pacrifice; 19-09-2005, 11:49.

Ridge Racer. Wipeout is very good, but RR is genuine AAA.

Comment

^ Agree with this totally.

Comment

RR is the better game in my opinion. Both are great, but the driving dynamics and polish of RR is superb.

C_S

Comment

hmmmmm.... its just that as far as i know, there's more content available to download for wipeout thus giving me the impression that its gonna have a better lifespan whereas with ridge racer, i haven't heard about extras you can download....

Comment

Personally I don't think you'll have made a bad choice regardless of which of them you buy. They are both amazing games in their own right.

There is no downloadable content for RR so Wipeout perhaps has a bit more longevity in that respect. So far there've been 2 downloads for the UK version of Pure (extra tracks, ships etc.) and there are a couple more downloads planned over the coming month or so. The quality of the new content is excellent.

I use the Hori screen protector on my PSP and have no complaints at all and they're widely regarded as the best you can buy. It's well worth picking one up to avoid any scratches to your screen. They can be a bit of a bugger to apply without getting dust between it & the screen though.....so best to order a couple!

Comment

I prefer Wipeout to be honest but they are both brilliant.

Comment

Yep - both are top, but for me Wipeout has lasted 2x as long as RR, but while it lasts, RR is better.

... If that makes sense.

Comment

i really shouldn't but i'm gonna dig deep into my pockets and purchase both games and tom-nook, thanx for the info i'm gonna buy the Hori screen protector too.

thanx all

Comment

I prefer Wipeout Pure too. I don't think it's as instantly enjoyable as Ridge Racers, but I've found it to be more rewarding in the long run.

Comment

This is HARD. To echo most other people, they're both superb.

I got them both at the same time and have played RR more, but if multi-player was a consideration then I'd probably say Pure would be more exciting.
                      Both are slick as you like and have sublime presentation and soundtracks.

Funnily enough, I bought both the original Ridge and WipEout for PSone at the same time way back in early 1996 - and I loved both of them equally too...

Comment

Working...
                      X