Playing Xbox progressive scan on a Pal machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing Xbox progressive scan on a Pal machine

Can you actually enable progressive scan on a pal xbox by pressing the following buttons "press L+R+Left Stick Button+Right Stick Button"

Is the higher resolution already built into pal games or do you need region free or region 1 games?

Also, where would be a good place to get hold of the relevant cables so that I can have my PlayStation, Xbox and GameCube (all modded apart from the Pal box) all via componant?

Lik-Sang is your best bet for the cables.
    Most pal games are progressive (GTA:SA, MASHED, MANHUNT aren't - although changing the xbe can force these to play in Prog) you can only enable progscan by modding (hard or soft) your xbox and changing the region to US.
    Game Cube UK games don't support prog scan you need US games. The other option is modding your GC with the Qoob modchip, this will force certain uk games to run in prog.

Comment

That only works for the Xbox dash (depending on version). You'll get spangly progressive menus, but that's it.

Most PAL games will run in 480p (I think it's only mainly EA games that are bastards).

Comment

Loads of component switcheroo shenanigans and the like here also:

http://www.consoleplus.co.uk/

Comment

Right, so I need to use my chipped xbox (that sadly doesn't play most new games becasue it's a thompson drive). Most of my cube games are US anyway, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Got this turning up next week, so I want all the cables before hand

Comet is back to bring you savings on Washing Machines, TVs, Laptops, Air Fryers, Smart Heating and more. Finance options available. Shop our range today.

Comment

I withdraw all my previous help - you're a spoilt, jammy git and I hate you.

Comment

lol

these lists'll interest you - they list xbox/ps2 games and what modes they support (16:9, 480p, 720p, 1080i) as well as sound output (pro logic 2, dd 5.1) and online support. handy as heck though i'm not sure how up-to-date they are:

go nuts

Comment

Your best off downloading the Enigmah VideoMode Switcher app. This basically patches your consoles EEPROM to NTSC.

While the stock PAL XBox probably supports 480p, patching your machine to NTSC unlocks the HD display modes etc. It's a 2 second job, so why not?

Comment

Yeah the softmod is a sinch. Did it the other day with an action replay thingy and the Splinter Cell save. Definitely worth it.

Comment

what action replay do I need?

Comment

Originally posted by Strider
                      what action replay do I need?
                      If it's chipped already this is not needed. Just ftp to your Xbox Enigmah Video Mode Switcher.

Comment

Take a looksy at this:

This is how I did mine.

Outrun in 480p =

Comment

I'm using my chipped Xbox at the mo, but when I set it to 480 and 720 the screen keeps jumping. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrng? (PS I only have pal games)

Comment

sounds like a TV setting to me

Comment

I need the Splinter Cell save to enable prog scan on my PAL Xbox. Anybody have it on their harddrive? Please PM me if you do!

EDIT: Got it.
                              Last edited by HHarm; 30-09-2005, 16:34.

Comment

Working...
                              X