Which Next Gen Console?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Next Gen Console?

This Gen I have enjoyed the PS2 and Gamecube but not bought an Xbox. Was thinking of getting the Revolution and the 360 to address the balance but still pretty in the dark about what the Next Gen has to offer.

Anybody fancy summing up what the current Pros and Cons of each console are for me?

Just wait for the reviews. Its the games that matter. Not all the tech spec speak and video demonstrations.

Comment

Problem is they aren't all being released at the same time so I'm in danger of buying the first two out of the gate and not having the space, money, time or inclination to get the last one (this happened with the Xbox).

But yeah your right, it is all being about the games so I guess I shall just have to ride the hype and not be an early adopter.

Comment

Get them all. It's the only way to be sure.

Comment

You see that's the sort of encouragement I could do without You will be persuading me to get into on-line gaming next...I don't think my gfriend knows what she's letting herself in for

Whats the story with the two different packages of Xbox 360? One has been getting cussed out from what I can gather, why dat?

Is the Xbox360 out first, then PS3, then Revolution?

If I have zero PC knowledge will I still be able to handle the Xbox360?

Comment

xbox360....enjoy for half a year with live....

sell after having a good collection buy revo and love it and give it tlc.. what i am doing.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
              It's the only way to be sure.
              Yes Corporal Hicks.

I plan to sit back and wait to see what's best. But that's not going to happen. I'll play it cool and then cave in for a must-have launch title. I'd like to think I can be strong but in the end I'll have all three, I know it.

The only one I'm not so sure of is the 360, but only because online gaming doesn't appeal to me (and I get the impression that'll be a focus for the system and much of its software).

If you have the will of iron to resist diving in at launch then you won't go far wrong. Easier said than done though.

Comment

This generation i went with a PS2 and Gamecube combo. Next Gen I'm going with a PS3 and Revolution combo. The reason, well the Playstation (again) will be the most supported console, so that (for me) means loads of JPN RPG's, Shoot em up's ( a new Gradius is already in development, oh yes), and sequels. I know we don't want sequels, but ****, who doesn't want to play Devil May Cry 4, Gradius 6, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Resident Evil 5.

As for the Revolution, well IMO you just need to have a Nintendo console, it's as simple as that, even if it is not well supported like the other consoles. There the only company that'll give you new and unique experiences, that Nintendo magic.

As for the 360, well.............i can always play my mates.

Comment

360 and rev for me. I have a PS2 and Xbox now and although i do enjoy the PS2's range of RPG's i just find myself play online games only most of the time now. As online gaming is such a big factor for me 360 is the only way to go LIVE is already awesome and its set to become a whole lot better with the 360.

Comment

i'm gonna stick with the ps3, but will buy a modded xbox 360 and a revolution when it's cheap.

i've had a gamecube,xbox and ps2 and my decision to keep the ps2 over the others was because of the sheer amount of developers for it! (i actually hate the ps2 as a piece of hardware though).

the xbox is good for online games (something i really dont care about) and western games, but it my opinion it didnt have enough arcade style games (guilty gear and outrun 2 were great though!) and japanese developers.

like the xbox, i thought the gamecube was good, but with the ps2 having the bemani series, densha de go!, damacy series, cave shooters and many more, then its the clear winner in my case.

announced for the ps3 already is a new gradius game and train simulator online, so i'm sold already.

Comment

Does anyone know what the plan is for regioning or if they are going to fit any anti modding devices?

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy
                        Does anyone know what the plan is for regioning or if they are going to fit any anti modding devices?
                        This is something i've been wondering about too. When you buy a US/JPN Revolution will you be able to get access to US/JPN servers and download all those classic games via the Virtual Console in the UK? And if you can't will this force me to buy PAL?

As for the PS3, there already talking about internet verification when you buy the console. If this is the case, it's going to be harder for gamers to import hardware, that's until/if some mod comes along!!

Comment

Working...
                        X