Bizarre DC SCART switching problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bizarre DC SCART switching problem.

My Dc used to work fine on my joytech AV control centre, but now the picture is either totally black, or scrolling and extremely dark, yet it works fine when plugged straight into the TV, or into the old argos scart switcher, and trying it on other scart input sockets on the joytech didnt help, neither did trying another DC scart cable, it seems that the joytech has managed to selectively hate the DC. But is this even possible, it makes no sense.

Sounds like the scart switcher isn't carrying an RGB signal - the DC RGB cable only carries RGB, not a composite signal as most others do. Obvious question, but is there a RGB selector on the switcher?

Comment

no
      The joytech seems to be fine for all other consoles, infact all the other scart input sockets work like normal

Comment

I can remember Yod@ saying his DC didn't work through the Joyteck centre. Something to do with the Sync signal.

He's away at the moment (I think), try searching here and rllmuk for it.

Pete

Comment

Got back a couple of days ago.

Here's the old thread:

Still no idea if my solution has worked for anyone else or not - I found that a 12 Volt SCART switching voltage would make my Joytech switcher spaz out, but a 5 Volt signal was ok.

Comment

it worked thanks

Comment

m8,

ditch the rgb scart lead and get yourself a vga box. Most DC games support it and you will NEVER go back to rgb unless you really have too.

Comment

Working...
              X