Windows media centre/xb360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows media centre/xb360

if I've got an xbox360 on a network with my PC, does anyone know what I will need to be able to stread music/video onto it? I know if I bought windows XP media centre edition I could do it (or at least I think so), but is there any way around that? I've already got XP so don't need to buy it again...is it available as an add-on?

Thanks

Who knows for sure, until we actually get them? Only Microsoft, as far as I can work out.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can already get windows media centre edition, so someone with that might know. And things do tend to get announced before release...

Comment

I think what MS said was "if you have media centre, you will be able to do it". I don't think they said no one else will be able to though, so hopefully will be ok. They are probably just worried about hundreds of retarded tech questions like, "how do I get my media on to my pc?", whereas someone with media centre would already have it on, so much easier.

Comment

You only need Media Center Edition if you want to record/stream TV. You can stream audio and video files from Windows XP to the 360 without needing Media Center Edition via Media Player.

Comment

Excellent - thanks for the replies!

Comment

I thought this had been cleared up a long time ago? XP will be fine for streaming from last i heard.

Edit: Serves me right for taking 6 mins to reply!

Comment

Working...
              X