Dreamcast battery + other quezzie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreamcast battery + other quezzie

I reckon my internal battery has packed in, as it annoyingly asks me for the date every ****ing time I switch on. I have an old DC for spares, but the battery is a rechargable one and appears to be attached to a board and non-removable.

Anyone point me in the right direction? My DC is a JAP one by the way.

Finally, is there any way around the fact that Vampire won't run through an RGB? Cannot be arsed to connect up RF set up just for one game.

svid? dc svid cables are about -20p on PA. I don't think that helps you tho. Still need to plug in another cable.

Comment

AFAIK, all the DCs had rechargable batteries. How long have you left the DC on for? They take about 2-3 hours to charge and last for a couple of weeks. If it really is dead, you might well have problems because on some of them, the batteries were glued onto the board: removing them is a right pain, and it sounds like you have one of them.

Comment

Yes vampire chronicles is an arse. Won't play via vga and isn't keen on rgb unless...................................... you make/download a backup of the game which is perfectly legal since you own the game. I only ever play my backup of VC and its runs through scart no hitch free.

Comment

Yep, there are numerous hex edits available for games that initially won't run through scart RGB. I think there even was a universal hex edit that allowed it, but you'll have to google it to get a hold of it.

Comment

Working...
          X