HTML Scrollbar question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HTML Scrollbar question

In HTML, what code can I put to tell a page to leave the Vertical Scrollbar in place even when not needed?

What exactly are you trying to do?

I have this page on my Web site (must adjust those colours!):

Just used a bigger page than the frame size (presumblt blank lines could achieve that).
    Last edited by Bassman; 23-09-2005, 10:16.

Comment

[ignore]
      Last edited by mattSix; 18-03-2006, 21:40.

Comment

I'll tell you what it is. My website is basically a straight HTML page based off a template. There are 5 pages using the same template (buttons down the left, title at the top, content in the space).

It would be great IMO if when people clicked between these pages the Title was in the same space on all of them - i.e. It doesn't move around and look like a new page has been loaded. The problem is - 3 of the pages have enough content to force the scrollbar, the remaining 2 do not have enough content so the scrollbar closes. This has the inevitable effect of moving the title around.

If I could force the scrollbar to appear on those 2 pages then the title would stay in the same position at all time.

I am not using frames so that frame code is no use!

Cheers

Comment

Can you pad out those pages somehow? Not sure how it handles spaces though. Looks like you can pad out the page with <BR> so that the scroll bar appears.
          Last edited by Bassman; 23-09-2005, 10:43.

Comment

Not really, one of them is a links page with about 3 links on it. I could throw a load of links in for the sake of it but would prefer not to!

Comment

Trust me to edit... You could fill out with <BR> perhaps after the links?

Do you use HTML-Kit to develop the code?
              Last edited by Bassman; 23-09-2005, 10:50.

Comment

No I'm using Dreamweaver. <BR> is worth a try.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                X