Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox360 Premium Pack + HDTV

Hi guys,

I have just ordered a Samsung HDTV (see this thread > http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread...052#post620052)...

I also have a premium Xbox360 pack on order....does this pack come with the best possible HDTV cables to connect up to my new HDTV? Or should I invest in another cable from this page >

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/...H&genre=PERI10

in order to make the most of my new HDTV?

Thanks for the advice.

It'll come with the correct leads to connect your 360 in high definition, they will most likely be the only cables availible for a long time, so don't worry. The ones you get with it are the component ones.

Comment

What about VGA?

Comment

what about it? I'm confused

Comment

Originally posted by Tankshell
          Hi guys,

I have just ordered a Samsung HDTV (see this thread > http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread...052#post620052)...

I also have a premium Xbox360 pack on order....does this pack come with the best possible HDTV cables to connect up to my new HDTV? Or should I invest in another cable from this page >

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/...H&genre=PERI10

in order to make the most of my new HDTV?

Thanks for the advice.
          stick with component because the difference will be next to nothing tbh mate. vga is great and has raw rgb colour coding but component has same resolution etc.

microsoft have only released the vga for people without a hdtv, so they can enjoy the higher resolution on a pc monitor.

Comment

AlwaysAce is right tbh.
            There is no doubting the VGA cable will be THE way to hook up your 360... definately the best connection method. But any visible difference between the Component and VGA cable, if at all, is likely to be so minute that it's not worth an extra ?20.
            That said, I'm going to be buying a VGA cable, simple because I'm *that* fussy, and I'm not going to miss 20 quid.

Comment

I was under the impression that the Vga cable would only output 1024x768

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris
                I was under the impression that the Vga cable would only output 1024x768
                Exactly, whereas the component cables will support 1080i (1920x1080 interlaced) and 720p (1280x720 progressive).

I think the VGA cable is designed for hooking it up to PC monitors, whilst the component cable is designed for hooking it up to a HDTV.

I'd prefer it if they released a DVI or HDMI cable for it, but I'll live with component (if I decide to buy one!).

Comment

although I guess there is no reason that it shouldn't be able to output the 720p through VGA, but it was just the impression I got

Comment

Here are the specs for the VGA cable

Hi-Def Brilliance for VGA Monitors

*DV-15S Standard VGA Connector

*Video output settings of 480p, 720p, or 1080i

*Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound output *8-foot long shielded cable

I have just bought a 55" plasma that supports Vga-(looks awsome) so thats the cable I have gone for, but like most have said there is only a slight difference..

Comment

Originally posted by HANGMAN
                      I have just bought a 55" plasma that supports Vga-(looks awsome) so thats the cable I have gone for, but like most have said there is only a slight difference..
                      Holy smokes thats some screen ! What brand is it ? Looking at getting the new generation 43" Pioneer plasma, but holding out to the last minute, as things in Plasma/LCD land seem to be moving very fast at the moment !

Comment

Originally posted by Simmy
                        Holy smokes thats some screen ! What brand is it ? Looking at getting the new generation 43" Pioneer plasma, but holding out to the last minute, as things in Plasma/LCD land seem to be moving very fast at the moment !
                        Its a HITACHI,model number 55PMA550 EV - there are some good reviews of it at the home cinema choice website. Its not the latest tec but im very very pleased with its performance,all the reported faults of the early plasma screens are no were to be seen,the black levels are great. my jaw just dropped to the floor when I hooked the consoles to it for the first time,absolutely no loss in pic quality due to the screens size what so ever,xbox + cube look fantastic,I THINK I WILL PEE MY PANTS WHEN I HOOK UP THE 360

Comment

Originally posted by JamesBelsey
                          Exactly, whereas the component cables will support 1080i (1920x1080 interlaced) and 720p (1280x720 progressive).

I think the VGA cable is designed for hooking it up to PC monitors, whilst the component cable is designed for hooking it up to a HDTV.

I'd prefer it if they released a DVI or HDMI cable for it, but I'll live with component (if I decide to buy one!).
                          No. The idea that it would only output 1024x768 was a false rumour based on a mistranslation of a Spanish slide.

Comment

Working...
                          X