Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with MGS2/PS2.. buzzing sound...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with MGS2/PS2.. buzzing sound...

I got a brand new copy of Sons of Liberty (U.S. version) recently, and fired it up today. I'm playing on a PAL slimline ps2 through swap magic. Now, everything's running fine and all (as have my other NTSC ps2 games), however what happened a few times when the colonel would be calling in (when you mandatorily press SELECT), there appears to be some buzzing sound coming from the ps2 and there no conversation text appears. I can press the circle button to zip through the conversation myself, but it won't play on its own. The buzzing stops after the codec conversation is off. Now, I don't know what the problem is... is this a possible bug with the game? Could it be a faulty disc (though I bought it brand new...), or is it swap magic? Anyone come across this problem ever, and if so, any advice?

MGS2 is a dual layer disc which when i last checked didn't work too well with swap magic

Comment

Woah... you serious? I thought it wasn't dual..... hmm... then it shouldn't be working at all then.....

edit: and can it damage the disc if I continue playing? This only happens when I tune in for optional codec conversations.
      Last edited by Light; 26-09-2005, 19:49.

Comment

believe this is dual layer since they are selling two DVD-R rip'd copy when I was in Seoul last time..

Comment

Originally posted by Light
          Woah... you serious? I thought it wasn't dual..... hmm... then it shouldn't be working at all then.....

edit: and can it damage the disc if I continue playing? This only happens when I tune in for optional codec conversations.
          You wouldn't damage the disc, you'd be more likely to damage the ps2 laser, they are a bit 'fragile'

Comment

just get the machine modded instead of messing around with that swap magic rubbish

Comment

MGS2 isn't dual-layer last time I checked, but MGS2: Substance is.

Comment

Working...
              X