Pal Modded PS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pal Modded PS2

Wondered if anyone could help, am considering buying a PAL modded PS2, would this be capable of playing games from all regions at full speed and full screen in 60hz?
    Only asking as I know that a modded PAL DC is unable to do so without a pal fix applied.
    Any help appreciated
    Thanks

yep any ps2 with a recent chip in it will do that

Comment

yep my modded ps2 works great with imports it plays them correct and not had any problems at all

also the pal ps2 60hz mode is actually ntsc so you'll need an rgb scart lead aswell btw

Comment

Thanks dudes thats all I needed to know.

Comment

Im modding mine this weekend. If it goes well and is not too much agro i dont mind doing it again.

Ill keep you posted?

Comment

I'm having great success running imports from the hard drive with the Independance Exploit and a fully patched HDLoader rather than a chip; you might want to look at that method if you've got an old big PS2 as the decreased loadtimes are a godsend.

Comment

Will swap magic acheive the same results?

Comment

Swap Magic (so far) will only play Single layer games. My PS2 has the flip top conversion and I got as far as V3.3 with Swap Magic.

I now have HDAdvance 3 and an HD in my old big unmodded PAL PS2 and that works fine. I have yet to have had to patch any of the games I have loaded. I load the imports via my PC. At least it brings the load times on Burnout Revenge to acceptable levels!!

Comment

Roughly, it seems to go HDLoader < Swap Magic < Patched HDLoader < Chip when it comes to compatibility; all of them (bar the chip at least; I don't know about that much) have the odd game that won't work with them.

Plus regular Swap Magic use puts strain on the drive.

Comment

i'd still prefer to mod the machine or have separate ps2s for jpn and usa

Comment

Any reliable providers of a chipping service?

Comment

not anymore but there are a few no solder clip on chips which are very easy to install

Comment

I have a PAL PS2, chipped with Actel Messiah2 Pro (I'm buying another one: japanese this time).

I have tons of (original) imports as well: the only game that is giving me problems is Strikers 1945 I & II (NTSC-J 'for Japan only')...
                          For some reasons, it outputs 50hz-only signal (but it's a reported bug).

Comment

Does modding your PS2 in any way still allow you to play games online?

Comment

Here is the link to the Modbo PS2 chip:

When it's in 'Stealth mode', do you think you can play PS2 games online?

Comment

Working...
                              X