how does dreamcast vga work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how does dreamcast vga work?

My new dlp has a pc port, so I assumed I could plug my dc vge box straight into it. I'm not getting a picture though. Looks like my ?2,000 tv is ****ed already

prehaps the tv wont do the dc vga res was it 640 x 480 ?

also you checked the options to enable vga output ? gone through the input modes on the tv ?

Comment

I've just tried R-type delta via my chipped ps2 and that's not right either. The screens really jerky as if frames are being skipped. Gonna test the saturn in a mo, I hope that's alright...

Comment

My N64 runs like crap on my Samsung DLP via SCART for some reason. I have to play with the RF cable for a decent framerate. Everything else is fine though, although I've yet to try my VGA input.

Comment

do you have the same model as mine? (samsung SP50L7HX) because apparently it's 50htz. Would that explain the problem?

Comment

No, I have the SP46L6HX, the stand on the 50" isn't practical for my setup so I went with the 46, they're quite similar though. That would make sense though seeing as the N64 is the only thing I've played on it in 50hz. You could force your DC to run 60hz with a boot disc I think. On a side note, what's a good VGA adapter for the DC?

Comment

I just tried PS2 Virtua Tennis 2 in 50hz mode and it seems to run fine (via Component). But then again it's a Japanese machine originally so I don't know if that is having any effect on it. I'll try my PALGC with Doshin, see if that runs ok...

Yup, that seems to be running fine.
              Last edited by mr_sockochris; 27-09-2005, 23:49.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_sockochris
                On a side note, what's a good VGA adapter for the DC?
                i don't think it matters as the dc outputs vga itself unlike for other consoles where the signal needs converting to vga. as for the tv's i don't even know what a dlp is!

Comment

Working...
                X