ntsc or pal for me ? ps2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ntsc or pal for me ? ps2

I am going to be playing the console on my sony e220 monitor , and using vga to connect.

Should I get a jap model ntsc (like the look of the current blue Limited Edition) and use a vga box, or should I get a uk pal one. Either would be chipped as I have some ps2 uk games already but are several japanese titles I intend to get too, like kaido battle and initial d. please advise which way is best to get in terms of picture quality and black bars on vga connection for both ntsc and pal machines, presumably you can get a chip to play pal game son jap machine , and if so do they output in pal or ntsc? is it the console or the game that affects the picture quality and will this be an issue when using a vga monitor.

Thanks

John Fisher

Unless you want a fancy case colour get the PAL machine.
    Requires no stepdown and can play R1 and R2 dvds (with regionX).

Games on any chipped ps2 output what they're meant to output. PAL50 games - PAL, NTSC games - NTSC.

As for VGA - what cable are you using for that?

Comment

i was going to use a vga box from ebay , its:

Product features:
      -Connect your PS, PS One or PS2 console to a VGA monitor for a much brighter display
      -Auto switching between TV game or PC connection (you can connect your PC and PS(2) at the same time)
      -Automatic PAL/NTSC detection
      -Outputs: Speaker, VGA
      -Inputs: VGA, Sound card
      -New YPsPr mode (for PS2 only)
      -Double scan conversion (31.5KHz for NTSC, 31.25KHz for PAL)
      -NTSC (60Hz) output resolution: 858x525
      -PAL (50Hz) output resolution: 864x625
      -On Screen Display (OSD) function
      -Automatic memorize your adjustment
      -Does not require a boot disc

from LiK-Sang

So does that mean all this time I was thinking that import ps2's was better but its just that the games outs put in the ntsc/pal, so a ntsc game on a chipped pal machine will fill the whole screen etc, and run at 60hz. If so that excellent and going to save me money on shipping, stepdown and cables.

Thanks

John

Comment

Working...
      X