Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some tech questions (PSTwo & Joytech AV Control Center)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some tech questions (PSTwo & Joytech AV Control Center)

Ok, my first problem is already solved, but I still wonder about it.
    I hooked up a receiver to my PSTwo (SCPH-7004) yesterday. At first I couldn't get Digital Surround to work, but after reading the manual I found out I had to activate it in the menu (by pressing select when playing a DVD).
    The weird thing only was I couldn't activate DTS.
    After some Googling I came across http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/3/2152.html where there was this post (from ScottofMichigan):
    Okay all of you with a PS2 listen because here is the answer to all your problems. First of all, to turn on DTS on your ps2 this is what your do. While watching a movie hit the circle button twice in a row. Make sure you hit it two times. If you hit select and go to the setup options DTS will be shaded out and you can do nothing. Okay now that you have hit the circle button twice, go to setup and then the audio options. You will now be able to turn on DTS. Now as for watching movies in DTS rather than Dolby Digital. First obviously, the movie must be encoded in DTS, then you must select DTS in the DVD menu before you watch a movie. This option can be found in the main menu under audio options or sometimes it's under language options. Almost all movies assume and select Dolby Digital as default. This should fix all your woes.
    So this solved that problem, but it still makes me wonder, what does perssing the circle button twice do differently then pressing Select?

Also, from this site http://www.michaeldvd.com.au/Hardwar...yStation2.html I read the Playstation doesn't output RGB in DVD mode, only component. Is this true? Or was this only with an older version? Or perhaps even just the Australian version?
    I have the idea my PSTwo outputs RGB in game as well in dvd mode.

Ok, now for my problem at hand. I have all my consoles hooked up to the Joytech AV Control Center. Now I need to hook this up to my new receiver. My problem is that my tv doesn't have an audio-out. I tried plugging in the audio-out from the Joytech to the receiver, but that didn't work.

Is that because if the input is SCART, it will only output the audio via the SCART-out?

Then I bought one of them SCART-plugs like these:
    but I can't get it to work.
    It should work, shouldn't it?
    Set the SCART switch on "out" and then connect the audio-cinch to the receiver, not???

I also tried connecting a console directly to that SCART-plug (instead of over the Joytech), but no result either.

Hope you guys can help me out, cause else my only alternatives seem to be to get a TV with audio out or a new receiver with SCART-in (which in both cases I'd like to avoid spending money on).
    Last edited by Shadow_Zero; 02-10-2005, 13:31.

I fixed the audio problem by connecting that SCART-plug to the Joytech SCART-out instead of the TV SCART-in.
    Sounds pretty logical, but the salesguy told me I should plug it in in the TV heh
    Well dunno, somewhere I'd say it should work if it's plugged in the TV as well, but oh well, it works now and I'm happy

Resident Evil 4 in Dolby Pro Logic II is tha bomb! ^^

Comment

Working...
    X