PS2 RGB Scart with auto RGB switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS2 RGB Scart with auto RGB switch?

I recently bought a Jap ceramic white PS2. I already have a PAL silver PS2 which I keep downstairs. I currently use the Blaze RGB Scart from Gameplay with it.

I used this scart to play my Jap PS2 on my TV in my bedroom. The TV downstairs switches to AV1 when the PS2 is turned on which gives a composite signal. I have to switch the channel to RGB to get the clean RGB signal. Unfortunately my bedroom TV doesn't have this facility so I just get the composite signal. So the Blaze is at fault for not having an RGB auto switch function. I had the same problem with my GC and had to buy the official Nintendo lead to get the proper RGB picture in my room.

My question is: can anyone recommend an RBG Scart that switches to RGB as soon as the PS2 is fired up? Or how to mod the Blaze scart to make it do this?

No idea... my Blaze RGB Scart cable auto switches channel fine.
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

just set the switch to rgb and that should do it or best option to buy an official sony scart lead but there ?20-30

Comment

Logic3's selection of scart lead are very reliable,i've got one for my xbox and gamecube.It fires up instantly in RGB on pretty much every TV i've used them on.

Logic3
        Unfortunately they are'nt selling the GC scarts anymore but the PS2 and Xbox ones are still available.Very quick delivery as well.

Comment

Oops! Never noticed the teeny tinny switch on the Blaze lead. Lovely RGB picture now that I've moved it to game rather than DVD

Comment

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something here but the auto switching to RGB is nothing to do with the cable. It's to do with the socket type/TV - if the Scart socket supports RGB, the PS2 set to RGB output and the cable a fully wired Scart you should automatically get an RGB output when the PS2 is turned on.

Only reason some PS2 Scart cables give composite results (which all Scarts allow) is either because the socket is not RGB or the cable has a small composite/RGB option switch which is manually set to composite for 'green' screen free DVD playback. I can only think that your downstairs TV's AV-1 socket isn't fully wired and is missing the auto RGB-switching functions.

Comment

Working...
            X