Net yaroze playstations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Net yaroze playstations

How rare are these? What sort of money are they worth? And is it true its a 'universal' machine and can play any regions games as standard? Oh and if anybody knows where i could get one that would be cool too!Thanks.

some info here

Comment

I have one

they are a bit rare I guess , but worthless

I did some coding on it and the API is toss, I'd prefer some homebrew libs

and I couldn't get it to run any official games at all

Comment

Thanks for that peanuts, very usefull i want!

Comment

Originally posted by kernow

and I couldn't get it to run any official games at all

changed my mind now!Dont want one!! :-/

Comment

Dunno why he put that... my one plays official games fine. It MAY need the actual memory card that comes with it however to do this. I can check tonight.
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

here's mine

its a little beaten up and has the name of my university BURNED into it with a soldering iron on the bottom ,but it was free - well sortof - I borrowed it for my dissertation on developing for closed specification gaming devices. and it was useless

but they never asked for it back! and they had -seven- of them in the cupboard due to buying them for a lab and the students complaining how bad the results were it was achieving. so .. I bet they are probably still in that cupboard now ..

minus mine that is .. haha

Comment

I've got one and would recommend it.

It's multi-region as standard - has run US, UK and JP without a problem.

Mine was not boxed, but included the dev kit and manuals, which I've never bothered with.

As for rarity, it took me an age to get one but they do come up for sale every now and then, as do the Debug machines.

I paid ?85 for mine over two years ago, which sounds a lot but the guy selling gave me Parasite Eve and Xenogears as he no longer needed them. Flogged the games on EBay, thus paying for the console.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
                  Dunno why he put that... my one plays official games fine. It MAY need the actual memory card that comes with it however to do this. I can check tonight.
                  It only needs the dongle if you are running your own code, as I recall.

Comment

Curious then. I tried some PS1 games on it when I got mine and they loaded fine. It can't do copies though (and neither can my blue debug unit either, which I'm not sure is supposed to happen or not).

Comment

Curious then. I tried some PS1 games on it when I got mine and they loaded fine. It can't do copies though (and neither can my blue debug unit either, which I'm not sure is supposed to happen or not).
                      Not tried any copies of legit releases but it ran Thrill Kill just fine (for the 5 minutes I had it on!)

Comment

Hmm, i only wanted one to play games on as im after some kind of ltd edition psx, no intrest in coding on it? Anybody tell me about any other ltd edition psx/psones?

Comment

I only tried pal games mind you..

and .. ... a gold disc.. both didn't work .. for me

and .. mr correction , I can play that game too, its a security card , not a memory card at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Bus-stop Boxer
                            Not tried any copies of legit releases but it ran Thrill Kill just fine (for the 5 minutes I had it on!)
                            Bizarre. I'll have to retry it tonight then. That's the game I was testing out on it as I was given a copy of the full "release" (not the beta doing the net rounds) over the weekend. It booted on my chipped PS2 okay but not on either my blue debug or the Net Yaroze I have. Maybe I did something wrong...?

Comment

Bizarre. I'll have to retry it tonight then. That's the game I was testing out on it as I was given a copy of the full "release" (not the beta doing the net rounds) over the weekend. It booted on my chipped PS2 okay but not on either my blue debug or the Net Yaroze I have. Maybe I did something wrong...?
                              Dunno mate. It was probably the beta version I had, as I d/l it.

Comment

Working...
                              X