Recommend me a PS2 RGB cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend me a PS2 RGB cable

I just bought a slimline PS2 and the picture quality is pretty dire on 60Hz with the standard cable.
    I'm looking to get better picture/sound quality, what cable should I get?
    So far I have found this, is it any good?

People swear by the Blaze one, but I still say straying from the official one is a false economy.

Comment

I've never noticed any difference between official and third party cables.

Comment

For the love of god make this a sticky!

Comment

i just use an old playstation one and i get a great picture on my tv, but the blaze scart is a decent lead as i've tried one

Comment

Originally posted by moonwhistle
            I've never noticed any difference between official and third party cables.
            It's not so noticable on a CRT.

But use a decent screen like an LCD or Plasma, and you'll be throwing all those third party Scart cables in the bin. I know I did.

Comment

yes because its probably a better sheilded cable and other things

Comment

Well the official cable is a big chunky thing that feels like a ?30 cable should, so...

Comment

how long is that lead i may buy one ?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Pavey
                    For the love of god make this a sticky!
                    Sorry about that, I forgot to do a search before

I guess I will go with the Blaze cable, my PS2 is matrix infinity modded and playing imports with the original scart cable is not the best.
                    Last edited by jpred88; 06-10-2005, 17:50.

Comment

good choice and remember the keep the switch on rgb otherwise you'll get the rubbish picture

Comment

Originally posted by jpred88
                        I guess I will go with the Blaze cable, my PS2 is matrix infinity modded and playing imports with the original scart cable is not the best.
                        When you say 'original Scart cable', I assume you mean the lead that came with the machine? The Red/White/Yellow thing? That piece of **** is just a Composite AV cable with a Scart adaptor block... shouldn't be called a Scart cable in any way, shape or form really.

Comment

The scart lead which comes with the ps2 console is pretty horrible. It's not much better than an RF cable. I would even go as far to say its made out of cheaper componenets than the standard xbox cable.

Upgrade to a RGB scart but i would recommend the Official Euro Cable, Blaze if you don't mind second best...

Comment

The IXOS one is about ?10 cheaper than the official SONY job.

I know people have had problems with them, but mine has been perfect, and the picture is great...

Comment

What TV you using mate? If it's a 21" CRT or something, a normal 3rd party cable will suffice. I should know, since I've been using a PS1 scart cable purchased for ?3 on my PS2 for the past 4 years. I only have a 14" though. On the 36" widescreen telly downstairs you can get poorer results.

Comment

Working...
                              X