Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Router with NTL driving me mad

Can anyone help me please!!

I've bought a Belkin - High Speed Mode Wireless G Router to connect to my broadband internet with NTL. I connect to NTL through the set top box.

When I go through the wizard it detects the router etc etc but the final stage of connecting to the internet does not work at all. I've rang both NTL and Belkin and they were fuggin useless. Any help folks?

Are you trying to set up the router or is it a new broadband connection? If its a new broadband connection with NTL try getting a connection without the router first i.e. connect the modem direct to a PC and set it up. Then you can add the router and set that up. Use a D-Link router myself so can't help you with your Belkin, although note that you may have to clone your PC's mac address in the router settings.

Comment

Set the modem up first using a computer, u should have to put in a long pin number on the NTL login screen which comes in via you're web browser, it also registers you for you're email.. Then, in this exact order
      1. Boot the modem, wait till the light is ready and the send and receive have flashed.
      2. Connect modem to the router, then boot the router.
      3. Set up the router using a wire, wireless wont work
      Doing that should sort it, I just set up NTL cable, using a netgear router but the principle is the same. Hope that helps.

Comment

NTL insist on checking your MAC address for some annoying reason. I got perfectly good results at home with my Linksys router doing the following:

1. Connect via a wired connection straight to the set-top box and do all the registering thing, if you've not done so already.

2. Disconnect the wire from the set-top box and connect it to the router via the wired connection (don't connect the router to the STB yet).

3. Configure the router as the manual describes, and get it to clone your MAC address. Now is a good time to turn on wireless, set up your security and all that stuff.

4. Disconnect all the ethernet wires, turn router and STB off.

5. Turn on STB, wait for the solid LED that means you can connect your internet (as the NTL manual describes), then turn on your router.

6. Everything should be fine now, so see if your PC can see the router's wireless.

Comment

Working...
        X