Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any reputable PSP downgraders available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any reputable PSP downgraders available?

Stupidly upgraded my PSP to 2.0 after wanting the web browser which I can't even use as I don't have a wireless router

Now I want to downgrade so I can use homebrew, anyone know of any downgraders that I can use that won't add trojans to my system? Cheers

Hah, that was dumb

Sorry... anyway, you want this:

Comment

I do hope you've not used that yourself, when I scanned it with norton, it came up with this:

Filename: overflow.tif Threat name: Trojan.PSPBrick

Now to me, that sounds EXACTLY like the one thing I didn't ask for

Comment

I'll try again.....

Anyone know where I might obtain a downgrader that DOESN'T come with the PSPBrick Trojan. The keyword has been capitalised so that people with sight problems can see it easier

Comment

My friend used this one

I didnt watch him do it but saw the results and it worked a treat.

But as always the risk is yours.

Comment

I haven't tried this myself, but it has a whole forum post on it:

But of course, run it at your own risk.

Comment

Get it from a known psp site like this - http://www.psp-vault.com/

Don't take any chances on somewhere you don't know right now.

Comment

I'm not using something that contains the PSPBrick Trojan - are you people setting out to ruin me or something? If I put that on my PSP, it becomes USELESS - could you imagine the look on some random sony employee's face if I sent my system in after explaining that my PSP has near enough died on me after I installed a downgrader onto it?

(in response to Djtickle and trickytree)

Comment

Odd, every one of these downgraders I've downloaded have been confirmed as containing the Brick Trojan, even the one I got from PSP vault that people have confirmed as working.

However, with my luck I'll end up with my psp bricked Guess I'll just have to wait for 2.0 homebrew

Comment

The overflow.tif file is the main part of the hack to downgrade the PSP.

It doesnt do anything bad. Its not like a virus to **** up your PSP!

EDIT: Just read about it on one of the sites posted now. Hmm, never heard that before. I think it's just a bug, not really a trojan, as its not exactly an official program that is always going to run 100% perfect.
                    Last edited by Rossco; 10-10-2005, 15:22.

Comment

ok, there is a legit downgrader, but norton recognises it as a virus due to a virus being sent around with one of the dodgy downgrader. Norton sees the tif file and assumes its a virus.

anything from a legit site like pspupdates, even tho norton says virus it will be fine

Comment

Seems Norton is a dirty rotten liar - my cynical side can't help thinking that recognising a legitimate downgrader as a trojan is just too convenient for Sony for them not to be involved.

Comment

yep, ive used the downgrader twice on the same psp and its fine.

Comment

Norton etc detect it as a Trojan because the PSPBrick contains files of the same file name, simple as. Those downgraders posted are genuine.

Comment

I think an apology is in order

Comment

Working...
                              X