VGA box required ... recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VGA box required ... recommendations?

OK, PS2 and XBox are all taken care of on my big widescreen telly downstairs.

But upstairs, I have a PS1, Dreamcast and a VCR, and I wanna run them all on my VGA monitor to save space. They all currently output to SCART.

What's the best option? Bear in mind that I'm no image quality snob: this is purely a space-saving exercise.

you can get a basic vga box from most game shops now, but the image quality is terrible, its like playing in composite and smearing the screen with vaseline.
    you can get VGA boxes especially for dreamcast that give a great picture though

Comment

yeah the dc does vga natively, so the vga boxes for it don't actually convert anything, hence it looks like playing a pc game on your monitor

for the ps1, you'd just have to get one of those regular ones - look here or on ebay for a cheap one as they're all more-or-less the same, quality-wise, as they all use composite and/or s-video for the output. s-video is mildly better (doesn't have the diagonal lines/fuzziness) but it's still not ideal as the colours look washed out.

as you say, you're no image quality snob, so i guess there's not much choice... good luck

if i find anything on my travels i'll post links here

Comment

Working...
      X