Enter the Matrix GC... no Wavebird?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enter the Matrix GC... no Wavebird?

Borrowing a PAL copy of EtM from a friend, playing it on my import Cube in US mode using Action Replay's Freeloader (v1.06 I presume). Refuses to acknowledge the existence of either Wavebird I own. Will only work using a normal wired controller. Any ideas? Apart from that game works fine, no problems with video or audio...

Except when switching from disc 1 to disc 2, it decided then not to accept the real deal was in the drive. Had to turn off, reboot with AR and insert disc 2 and continue playing from that instead. No loss of info, just annoying having to restart like that...
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

maybe, yah wavebirds batteries are kaput? or........ maybe the use of a bootdisc afects the use of wavebirds, try using the boot disc method with other games. and let us know how it goes m8.

Comment

Batteries are fine... new Wavebirds, ?18 from the US, very safe mate

I can try using Freeloader part on my Jap games when running in US mode I suppose... see what happens...

Comment

There's some weird stuff with AR on my GC. You have to insert a normal controller to use the AR menu. I think change back to a wavebird once the game is loaded. Might have something to do with that?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
          Batteries are fine... new Wavebirds, ?18 from the US, very safe mate

I can try using Freeloader part on my Jap games when running in US mode I suppose... see what happens...
          ?18 you say? Online store?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
            There's some weird stuff with AR on my GC. You have to insert a normal controller to use the AR menu. I think change back to a wavebird once the game is loaded. Might have something to do with that?
            Yep thats what i have to do. When i put in the AR to play WE6 on my US Cube i have to plug in a wired controller and then when the games loaded i plug in my wavebird and everything works fine. Its a bit of an annoyance but it works.

Comment

Originally posted by markftmuk2
              ?18 you say? Online store?
              Nah, bought when I was over in the US a couple of weeks ago... some games shop was selling them for $30. Should have bought more, but had no room left in my cases

As for my Q, yeah appears that way. Just tried it out... AR is the culprit here, though it works... sometimes... but the screen text is garbled...

Comment

I have a Q, but this happened with my PAL GC as well. If you turn on you wavebird too late, or if it's on as the AR main screen loads, it pretends there's no controller. Just restart to solve it.
                To prevent it, all you have to do is switch on your Wavebird as soon as the Gamecube logo rolls around and it's fine!

Comment

I find that the wavebird doesn't work if you have it turned on too early or too late. All you have to do is press A while the GC is loading so that the cube moves a little.

Then AR will acknowledge the Wavebird.

As long as the gc gets a signal whilst loading up, it should be ok!

Comment

Working...
                  X